Annual Price Increase changes
Starting from March 2023, we’ll be increasing our prices by the CPI rate plus 3.9%. and will round up all bills to the nearest pence. This will be repeated each year in the same time period. If the published CPI percentage rate is negative, we'll only increase your prices by 3.9% in the relevant year.
What is CPI?
The Consumer Price Index reflects the cost of goods and services across multiple industries. It measures inflation in the UK by taking a basket of goods (food, petrol, clothes etc) and looks at what it cost last year and this year and finds the difference. It’s a relevant time to know more about inflation, and if you want to know more, The Office for National Statistics website has lots of information: www.ons.gov.uk
CPI and fairness in business
As a socially responsible co-operative we have been reluctant to pass costs to our members and customers, but it’s necessary due to costs rising significantly year on year. The investment in our excellent service and systems will continue so we can offer you the latest everyday technologies, in-person contact centre support and competitive offers. This price increase - in line with inflation - allows us to focus on these areas of high customer satisfaction, while also ensuring that our commitments to ethical business practices and a low carbon supply chain remain as strong as possible.
How will these price changes affect you?
You’ll get a letter from our team to explain what it means to your price and what increase you can expect to see in your bill. If you’re out of contract, you will be affected. If you’re in a contract (entered into before 1 July 2022), we’ll let you know when your contract is coming to an end and offer an account review and the best priced package available. Any increased amount will be calculated for each product or service and outlined accordingly.
Price change example for an average Superfast Broadband Package
Let's say you have Unlimited Superfast Broadband with line rental and an Evening and Weekend call plan. The price of your package is made up of:
• Unlimited Superfast broadband - £30.00 per month
• Evening and weekend UK & Mobile Call Plan - £3.00 per month
• Total monthly cost - £33.00
Monthly price up to March 2023: £33.00
Monthly price from April 2023 to March 2024: £36.07
Worked out as follows
- Unlimited Superfast Broadband @ £30.00 per month plus 9.3% (using the 5.4% CPI rate published in January 2022 as an example, plus 3.9%) = £30.00 x 9.3% = £2.79
£30.00 + £2.79 = £32.79 per month
- Evening and Weekend Call plan @ £3.00 per month plus 9.3% (using the 5.4% CPI rate published in January 2022 as an example, plus 3.9%) = £3.00 x 9.3% = £0.28
£3.00 + £0.28 = £3.28 per month
Total monthly price: £32.79 + £3.28 = £36.07
Price change example for Call Costs
Some call charges will go up in price in line with CPI plus 3.9% on or after 1st March every year from March 2023. Please see our call charges for details.
Here's an example to show how call charge price increases work.
A call to 01, 02 and 03 is made up of an 18p set up fee and 14p per minute rate.
UK call rate up to March 2023: 18p set up fee + 14p per minute rate
UK call rate from March 2022 to Feb 2023: 19.67p set up fee + 15.3p per minute rate
Worked out as follows
- Set up fee 18p per call plus 9.3% (using the 5.4% CPI rate published in January 2022 as an example, plus 3.9%) = 18p x 9.3% = 1.67p
18p + 1.67p = 19.67p set up fee
- Pence per minute rate 14p plus 9.3% (using the 5.4% CPI rate published in January 2022 as an example, plus 3.9%) = 14p x 9.3% = 1.3p
14p + 1.3p = 15.3 pence per minute rate